These Terms and Conditions of Use of Resident Evil.net (hereinafter referred to as these "Terms and Conditions") set forth the use of the web-based service for the Resident Evil game series (hereinafter referred to as “Resident Evil series”) called "Resident Evil.net" (hereinafter referred to as the "Services") as provided by Capcom Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to the "Company") in general. By using the Services you are deemed as agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are translated from the Japanese version into English. In case of contradiction or inconsistency between the Japanese and English versions, the Japanese version shall prevail. If you are a minor, you must use the Services only after you have your parent or legal guardian agree to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Use of Services and Limitation
- (1) The Services may only be use by you and only after you agree to these Terms and Conditions and register for the use of the Services, and may not be used or shared with anyone else.
- (2) If you wish to withdraw from the Services, you may so withdraw at any time by taking the withdrawal procedures which are separately specified by the Company.
- (3) If the Company determines that your act falls under any of the matters set forth in Section 5 "Prohibited Matters", your use of the Services may be suspended either temporarily or permanently.
- (4) If you register for the use of the Services by using an account you use for any service operated by a third party operator other than the Company (hereinafter referred to as the "Outside Service"), you should be careful because you may not use the Services in the event such an account becomes unusable for some reason. The provisions of Section 7(7) shall apply to the failure of use of the Services under such circumstances.
2. Content of Services
- (1) The Services include the following web-based services utilizing the information uploaded to the server while you are connected to the network and play our games enabled with the Services. The Services will use the scores and usage history recorded while you play the games enabled with the Services (hereinafter referred to as the "Play Data").
- a. Collecting, processing and viewing Play Data, and provision of events and additional content for supported games
- b. Features enabling the posting, editing, and viewing of articles and comments related to the Resident Evil series.
- (2) The Services will make the Play Data available for review and comparison by any person who can be connected to the Internet.
- (3) You are responsible for any use of the Outside Service placed in or linked to the Services. The use of the Outside Service shall be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the operator of such Outside Service.
- (4) The Company may offer points in exchange for using the Services. The use of points is governed by the following provisions:
- a. Points may be used in methods and according to conditions specified elsewhere. The purchase and exchange of points can only be performed according to methods and conditions specified by the Company, and the outstanding point balance of multiple accounts cannot be consolidated.
- b. Points may not be transferred or used as collateral.
- c. Points are revoked if the owning account is unregistered or if the Services are terminated. Points may also be fully or partially revoked if the Company determines that any of the conditions of article 5 (Prohibited Matters) have been violated.
3. Handling of Information Contributed to Services
- (1) The Company may use any information you have contributed within the Services, but only within the Services, free of charge.
- (2) The Company or any third party designated by the Company may use any information you have contributed within the Services (including your account name of the Services and of the Outside Service) for a book, official website, event and so forth. In this case, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for giving notice to you or paying any remuneration to you.
- (3) The Play Data and the information you have contributed which are available in the Services may be deleted from the Services, or changed, at the discretion of the Company without prior notice to you.
4. Change, Suspension and Discontinuance of Services
- (1) The Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services in whole or in part for whatever reason without giving prior notice.
- (2) The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any disadvantage, loss, or damage that you may suffer as a result of the change, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
5. Prohibited Matters
- (1) You are prohibited from being engaged in any act that may fall under any of the following items within the Services.
- a. An act that may infringe any intellectual property right, right of portrait and so forth of the Company or a third party;
- b. An act of accessing any computer equipment or facility or any computer system managed by the Company or a third party in an unauthorized manner;
- c. An act of using computer viruses, such as malicious programs;
- d. An act that may be linked or connected to a criminal act;
- e. Use of an expression that may be annoying and construed as sexual harassment or discrimination, or an act that may offend against public order and decency;
- f. An act of masquerading, spoofing or pretending to be the Company or a third party;
- g. An act that may damage or injure the reputation, credibility or social evaluation of the Company or a third party;
- h. An act of making the Company or a third party feel annoyed or upset or suffer any disadvantage;
- i. An act of infringing privacy, or an act of disclosing any information that falls under personal information such as the name, address, telephone number and so forth of you or a third party;
- j. An act performed for political or religious purposes, or for commercial advertisement;
- k. An act of contributing any content that is irrelevant to the Resident Evil series or any illicit content to the Services;
- l. Any and all acts that in the opinion of the Company may distract or hamper the provision or operation of the Services;
- m. An act that violates these Terms and Conditions or applicable laws and regulations;
- n. An act that in the opinion of the Company constitutes a preparation for performing any of the prohibited matters; or
- o. Any other act that is deemed as inappropriate by the Company.
- (2) Whenever the Company determines that any information contributed to the Services by you may fall under any of the prohibited matters set forth in Section 5(1), the Company may take either or both of the following measures without giving notice or sending a demand to you.
- a. Measures to delete the information contributed to the Services by you, or prevent such information from being displayed, according to the standards prescribed by the Company; and/or
- b. Measures to suspend your use of the Services in whole or in part either temporarily or permanently.
- (3) You may not raise any objection to the measures taken pursuant to Section 5(2).
6. Notices and Contact with the Company
- (1) Whenever the Company determines that a notice to or contact with you is necessary, the Company shall contact you in a manner that the Company deems appropriate, such as through the e-mail address which you register upon filing an application for the use of the Services.
- (2) Whenever you contact the Company for inquiry, you shall make such inquiry using the inquiry form designated by the Company, and the Company will not respond to any inquiry made in any other means. The hours available for accepting inquiries shall be separately specified in the applicable inquiry form.
- (1) The Company provides no warranty as to the completeness, usefulness, accuracy, reliability or safety of the content of the Services.
- (2) The Company provides no warranty as to the availability of the Services for use under any circumstance.
- (3) The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any trouble, disadvantage, loss or damage caused by the use of the Services, or the use of any Outside Service through the Service.
- (4) The Company shall not be responsible or liable for any trouble or dispute arising out of or in relation to the Services or the Outside Service, and you shall resolve such dispute at your own cost and on your own responsibility. If the Company receives a notice that other user falls under any of the prohibited matters hereunder, the Company shall at its discretion determine how and whether to respond to such matter.
- (5) The Company shall not be responsible or liable for web-based services other than the Services that are linked to the Services.
- (6) The Company will not respond to any inquiry as to the deletion or non-display of any information you have contributed to the Services or as to the suspension of the use of the Services, or to any other inquiry that the Company deems inappropriate.
- (7) The Company will not restore, at your request, your Play Data or any other information which have once been erased as a result of your withdrawal from the Services, suspension of the use of the Services or other measures taken hereunder, for any reason whatsoever.
- (8) You shall be responsible for preparing the network environment and software which are necessary for the use of the Services, and any and all equipment and devices that are necessary in relation to the foregoing. The Company provides no warranty as to the compatibility of the Services with such equipment or devices.
- (9) The Services may vary in some respects, such as in the manner in which the Services are displayed, depending on the equipment and devices, software, network environment and so forth with or under which you use the Services. The Company shall have no obligation to make any change in or addition to the Company's equipment and devices, system or software according to your environment for the use of the Services.
8. Change in Terms and Conditions
- The Company may change these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part by posting the Terms and Conditions after change on the Services or other website provided by the Company. You shall be required to check from time to time whether any change in these Terms and Conditions has been made or not. These Terms and Conditions shall be changed at the time when the Terms and Conditions after change are posted on the Services or other website provided by the Company, even if you are not checking the latest version, and you shall be deemed to agree to such Terms and Conditions after change by using the Services after such latest version is so posted.
9. Handling of Personal Information
- (2) The Company may disclose your personal information to its affiliated companies or contractors for conducting a research on and responding to your inquiry.
- (3) The Company may obtain such information as your IP address, cookie information, usage environment, account of the Outside Service and so forth, and accumulate such information on the Company's servers. The Company will use such information to measure the access condition or otherwise to improve various products and services provided by the Company. The Company may also provide a third party with such information as statistical data after processing the same in a form whereby you cannot be identified personally.
- (4) The Company will obtain your personal information registered on the servers of PSN℠ (such as your online ID, friends information and so forth) by accessing the servers of PSN℠ each time you use the Services, for the purpose of providing the Services and under the license agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc., once you have played a game enabled with the Services while connected to the network. Personal information obtained in the foregoing manner will be stored on servers in Japan, where the Company manages the Services.
Any personal information obtained in the foregoing manner except for your online ID and your friend's online ID will not be stored in the servers of the Services. Any connection between the servers of the Services and those of PSN℠ will be terminated immediately after the Company obtains such personal information.
10. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- (1) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Japan, and the execution, construction, performance and so forth of any contract between you and the Company under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the laws of Japan.
- (2) Any dispute arising between you and the Company in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be referred to the Tokyo District Court or the Osaka District Court of Japan for the first instance.
- (3) If any part of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is held or deemed as legally invalid, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall effectively apply to you and the Company as valid provisions.
Revised: January 24, 2017
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037, Japan