Handling of Personal Information
We, Capcom Co., Ltd. (the Company) complies with the following rules in its endeavors to protect the personal information of customers.
1. We will use personal information, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, dates of birth and email addresses received from customers, recordings of conversations, and other information about customers’ dealings with us, for the following purposes:
- 1. To confirm details and to deliver goods and services that are purchased or registered;
- 2. To provide or improve goods and services that are used by customers, or to develop new goods and services;
- 3. To deliver information relating to the goods and services that are provided to customers;
We may deliver information from third parties, companies and organizations that are not subsidiaries or group companies, if that information is considered to be beneficial to customers. In such cases, no personal information pertaining to any customer will be disclosed or provided to such third parties, companies or organizations without the consent of the customer.
- 4. To survey and analyze the use of the Capcom website
When a customer accesses the Capcom website, the Company collects access data from the customer’s computer. This data is recorded as history in the form of an access log on our web server. This information is used as a source of statistical data to make the site more user-friendly, to research and analyze the use of the site, and to determine the cause of any problem that could arise. The information is not used for any other purposes.
- 5. To respond to inquiries from customers and provide after-sales service for products
(telephone calls to all Capcom customer service locations may be recorded to help ensure prompt and accurate responses to inquiries)
- 6. If personal information is to be obtained and used for any purpose other than those specified above, we will provide notification of the purpose of use on every occasion.
The personal information we obtains from the customer may become linked to other information managed by us: for example, it may be used to confirm whether or not a user is a subscriber to our email magazine by checking against the email magazine management system controlled by us.
2. Third Party Access
With the following exceptions, we will never provide to any third party the personal information provided to us by the customer.
- o When prior agreement/consent has been obtained from the customer
- o When handling of personal information is contracted out to companies in collaboration or partnership with us or subcontracting company with whom we has a confidentiality agreement concerning personal information, within the scope necessary in the attainment of the purpose of use disclosed or published to the customer
- o When the personal information is processed so that the individual customer cannot be identified and is turned into statistical data (e.g. breakdown by age of the number of competition entrants)
- o When it is required by law
3. Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- 1. When the customer wishes to have his or her own personal information disclosed, corrected, deleted, etc, the customer should complete the designated request form with the required information and enclose together in an envelope the identification documents listed below and send it by post to the Personal Information Inquiry Contact.
Application is only accepted by post. The reply will be sent in writing to the customer’s address. The request will be dealt with in as speedy a manner as is feasible.
- 2. The disclosure of personal information incurs a charge of 500 yen. Remittance should be made by postal order, which should be enclosed with the disclosure request form. Even if disclosure is not made, the said charge applies.
*Please obtain the postal money order from a post office. A handling charge is payable to the post office to purchase a postal money order.
Click here to print the necessary request documents.
- [Identification Documents]
- A) The following documents are necessary in order for us to confirm the identity of the person requesting disclosure.
When the customer is requesting disclosure of his or her own information:
A photocopy of the customer’s driving license and a certified resident’s card
(As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book or passport.)
- B) When another person representing the customer is requesting the information:
A photocopy of the customer’s and the representative’s driving license and their resident’s cards, a letter of attorney
(As an alternative to the driving license, a photocopy can be submitted of the following: health insurance card, pension book or passport. When the representative is a legal attorney, only his or her professional registration number is required as his or her identification.)
4. Personal Information Belonging to Minors
The Company will effect the same protection provided for personal information belonging to adults as to customers who are legal minors.
However, we request that personal information belonging to a customer who is under 16 years of age should be provided only with the consent of his or her guardian.